Sunday, February 27, 2011
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Causes of ulcersApart from excess stomach acid production, other factors are also involved contributing in formation of ulcer. These factors are listed below
• Stress – It is a major culprit because it develops many disorders. It not only affects the individual mentally but also physically. Stress develops ulcers because it makes the body acidic. Problems in the personal and professional life increases stress and thus contribute in the formation of ulcers.
• Poor diet – The other reason is the poor diet. Because of lack of time, we have anything which is readily available and thus we increases acid level in the system. This habit of having more acidic food leads to gastrointestinal reflux disorder or acid induce inflammation.
• H.pylori infection – Some bacteria found naturally in our digestive system. This bacterium is known as Helicobacter pylori or H.pylori which is harmless. But in some cases it is seen that this bacterium is responsible for the formation of the ulcers.
Complications of ulcersIt is necessary to get ulcers treated on time because if left untreated, it may lead to life threatening condition. Some of the complications that can occur include
• Bleeding – This usually occurs in peptic ulcer. The patient either vomits blood or passes bloody stools. The patient could experience dizziness if the bleeding is severe.
• Intestinal perforation – It occurs due to rupture of the sore producing severe pain. In some cases, the stomach becomes hard.
• Obstruction – It develops because of the inflammation and swelling around the sore. This obstructs the movement of food from the stomach to the intestine. This also delays the emptying of the stomach causing dilation.
• Chronic ulcers – Some ulcers keep reoccurring once treated and hence become chronic ulcers.
Treatment of ulcersThe important step in the treatment of ulcers is the reduction of the stomach acid. It is because, reduce stomach acid production allows the ulcers to heal. This can be achieved by the use of medications like Generic Prilosec which is chemically made up of omeprazole. This belongs to the class of drug known as “proton pump inhibitors”. Generic Prilosec works by blocking an enzyme that is responsible for the production of stomach acid. Along with antibiotics it is used to treat ulcers and erosive esophagitis. Generic Prilosec is also used to treat acid-induced inflammation. It is has fairly less side effects. The side effects include nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness and muscle pain. But these side effects are normal and vanish in few days as your body gets adjust to the medication.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Causes of acneIt is important to get to what causes acne to get the right treatment option which can eradicate the root cause and helps to treat acne effectively. Following are some factors or triggers that causes or contribute in the formation of acne
• Food – It include food items such as nuts, cola, milk, cheese.
• Heredity – Genes play an important role in transferring acne from generation to generation.
• Hormones – These plays an important role in contributing in the formation of acne.
• Nicotine – Cigarettes contain nicotine. Smoking leads to contribute in the formation of acne and damaged skin.
These are some factors that contribute in the formation of acne. These factors can be control to get rid of acne except the genetic factors on which you have no control.
Types of acneTreatment of acne not only depends on causes of it but also it depends on types of acne you are suffering from. Following are the types of acne
• Non inflammatory acne – It is the most common type of acne that is known as blackheads and whiteheads. The blackheads appear as dark spots while the whiteheads appear as small whitish bumps.
• Inflammatory acne – It is a more serious type of acne which is causing due to response to body’s immune system to microorganisms like virus. It is hard to cue in comparison to non inflammatory acne. Most of the time it is cause due to bacteria. It is characterized by redness and swelling at the elevated skin.
Treatment of acneLike I mentioned above, the root cause and the types of acne decides the type of treatment of acne. Most of the times the treatment involves use of topical acne creams like Generic Retin-A which is made up of a chemical known as Tretinoin. It is use in the treatment of acne. It works by irritating the skin and causing the cell division of the cells of the skin because of which the cells die. It results in the increase in turnover of the cells. These new cells replace the old cells and prevent formation of acne. Generic Retin-A is also use to treat sun burned skin, damaged skin and to prevent wrinkles. This topical medication is also available at drug store.
Friday, February 11, 2011
SymptomsHypothyroidism symptoms can be mistakes for other disorder as they are very common and often neglected especially by women. Initially hypothyroidism is not easy to detect and may go unnoticed for years. This disorder can affect any age group regardless of sex so it becomes very essential to get yourself checked for any abnormal changes than usual in your body. Following are some common symptoms of hypothyroidism that can help you to keep a track of if you are suspected to thyroid problems.
1) Unusual fatigue or weakness
2) Weight gain
3) Goiter or swelling of thyroid gland causing discomfort in the neck
4) Swelling of the skin around the eyes and cheeks
5) Hair loss and dry skin
7) Signs of depression
8) Irregular menstrual periods
9) Intolerance to cold climate
Thyroid problems like hypothyroidism shows above symptoms and therefore it is essential to get yourself checked for this disorder at the early stage.
Adverse effects on healthThere are some facts about hypothyroidism unknown to us. This thyroid problem affects us in many ways. Do you know that it is related to infertility? Yes, hypothyroidism may lead to infertility in women because more women tend to get thyroid problems than men. Ovulation process gets altered due to low levels of thyroid hormone causing difficulties in conceiving. Hypothyroidism also makes it difficult to lose weight in spite of proper diet and regular exercise. Your efforts of losing weight go in vain as you keep on putting up the weight. Hypothyroidism also put you on the high risk of developing breast cancer and coronary artery diseases.
TreatmentAs mentioned before detection for the presence of thyroid problems, it is important to keep a track of symptoms. This will help your physician to treat hypothyroidism effectively. Basically it is hormonal deficiency disorder and therefore it can be treated with the help of hormone replacement therapy though it also depends on the severity of the disease and its progression. It includes synthetic form of thyroxin hormone like Generic Synthroid. Chemically it is composed of Levothyroxine Sodium. This manmade version of thyroid hormone works wonder for thyroid patients and shows improvement. Though one should know that it also has some side effects and your physician prescribe Generic Synthroid because he or she thinks about benefits over side effects. Hormone replacement shows improvement in the disease but it also depends on the type of life style you are into.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Epilepsy is not single disorder but it is group of disorders which is interlinked with each other. It is difficult to state any one exact cause for this order. As there various types of epilepsy present, the causes also differs for each of them. The common cause can be chronic illness, brain damage or abnormal changes in the brain. Still no cause can be found in almost in three quarters of the epilepsy cases. Following are some common causes that contribute into the disorder. Though the causes are several and can be linked to other conditions too.
1) Imbalance in Chemicals in the Brain - In brain, nerve cells makes chemicals which are known as neurotransmitters. These chemicals help the nerve cells to transmit electrical impulse in the brain. Epilepsy may occur due to imbalance in these chemicals.
2) Hereditary - You may have seen some families where epilepsy has been transfer from generation to generation. This happens because of the abnormality is a specific gene. Though heredity is not always the cause of epilepsy but contributes in the disorder.
3) Disorders - It includes brain tumor, Alzheimer's disease, stroke, heart attack etc contributes in the causes of epilepsy.
4) Head Injury - It is the most common cause of epilepsy.
5) Prenatal Injury - If the fetus get injured during the developmental stage of the brain or if the mother is not eating well or taking alcohol and smoking tobacco or get an infection may put the child at the risk of developing epilepsy.
6) Environmental Factors - The factors like constant exposure to lead, carbon monoxide and certain chemicals may cause epilepsy.
As I mentioned above, seizure is the most common and visible symptom of epilepsy. Though it differs as per the type of epilepsy the person is suffering from. Some common types of epilepsy symptoms are listed below.
1) Simple – Partial seizure: It is characterized by the movements like stiffening and jerking.
2) Atonic seizure: In this the body becomes loose and flexible and the person may fall on the ground.
3) Generalized seizures: It is the most common type of seizures and it may affect a part or the whole brain.
The symptoms may differ depend on the type of epilepsy present but in most of the individuals tend to show the same type of seizure symptoms. Very few individual shows up different symptoms of seizures.
Epilepsy treatment mainly involves management of seizures. It is the main goal and even doctors start the treatment to control seizures in patients. There are treatments available which include antiepilepsy drugs like Generic Topamax. There is surgical method also available which helps to control the seizure episodes. There are several medications available which are grouped under antiepilepsy drugs. Generic Topamax is the one which is use to treat epilepsy seizures. This is made up of Topiramate, a chemical part of the drug. Generic Topamax (Topiramate) is use alone or in combination with other antiepilepsy drugs. It is also use in the treatment of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome in children. Apart from this, Generic Topamax (Topiramate) is also use to treat migraine headaches. It is the widely use antiepilepsy drug which you can get at local pharmacy. You can also buy Generic Topamax at online drug store too.
Friday, February 4, 2011
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Viagra, popularly known as the blue pill, is the first and the most popular impotence treatment medication ever. It has been developed by Pfizer and has maintained its fame and reputation for almost a decade now.
Read more at medsavailable.com
Viagra blue pills are meant for men only. Women and children should not take this impotence treatment. Men with health issues such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and depression can also take
Viagra if their doctor finds it suitable.
- If you are older than 65 years of age or have serious liver or kidney problems, your doctor may start you on the lowest dose of Viagra
- If you take protease inhibitors for the treatment of HIV, your doctor may prescribe 25mg dose and that too not more than once in 48 hours
- If you have prostate problems or high blood pressure for which you take medicines called alpha blockers, your doctor may start you on a lower dose of Viagra
- Do not take Viagra if you are currently using a nitrate drug for chest pain or heart problems
Some conditions as listed below make it unsafe for you to take Viagra blue pills:
- heart disease or heart rhythm problems
- a recent history of a heart attack, stroke, or heart rhythm disorder
- congestive heart failure
- high or low blood pressure
- coronary artery disease
- liver disease
- kidney disease
- blood cell disorder such as sickle cell anaemia, multiple myeloma, or leukaemia
- stomach ulcers
- retinitis pigmentosa
- a physical deformity of the penis